Monday, April 8, 2013

Day trip


I am going to apologize up front for all the pictures in this post. Mom and I took a drive to Milwaukee on Sunday to see the Mitchell Domes. ID never been there and since I don't have much to photograph around here with my new camera, Mom thought the domes would be the perfect place to play around with it.

There are three different domes - a desert dome, a tropical dome, and a show dome, the only one that changes. They have five seasonal displays every year.

The first dome we went to was the desert. As you can imagine, there wasn't much for color, but there were many shapes and types of plants.







The next dome we went to was the tropical dome. I could have stayed in there for hours. All it was missing was zen music playing in the background. This dome even had a waterfall.




 
I am a very lucky girl . My mom and I walked around each dome together, looking at the flowers and commenting on the plants and then she would find a bench and read while I walked the whole thing again.
 


The show dome theme was Blue Bayou . I really didn't see the theme in the flowers but couldn't miss it in the statues that were positioned throughout.  The whole dome smelled like flowers. I wish I could have bottled it up and brought it home!








This little owl was sitting at the beginning of the walk. This one is for you. Mom :)

After the domes we had lunch at the California Pizza Kitchen.  I had a Chicken Caesar sandwich which was amazing.

After lunch we walked over to a store my mom loves called Charming Charlie.  It was a rainbow of colors. They had shoes, accessories, clothing, and it was all color blocked. I didn't find anything to buy but I would certainly go back again.

We made a quick stop at Trader Joe's and then started back home.  I was reading my mom directions when I realized she had one more place to take me.  We were driving through the country and it was beautiful. Through the trees I could see a very large church on top of a hill.


 I kept telling my mom to look, that I couldn't believe how big the church was and, as we kept driving, the church got closer and closer. I joked and said "You're not making me go to church today are you?" She just laughed and said, "No."   Once we finally got to the turn off, it said Holy Hill Basilica and National Shrine. She was taking me to the church! They do have service, but we were just there to walk around.







It was the most beautiful church!  There was a service going on while we were walking around, and the music and singing we could hear was angelic.

I had such an amazing day with my mom.  I hope we have many more trips like this.

Thanks for spending the day with me, Mom :)  I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment