Saturday, September 8, 2012

Mother Daughter Day

Today my mom and I spent the day together. I have to say....we need to do it more often! In this post I'm going to give you a play by play of the places and people we met.

Our journey was to the Princeton Flea Market. Neither of us have ever been there but we were very excited to see what it was all about.

Our first stop on the way was The Rippin Good Cookie Outlet Store in Ripon. I have never been to a place where they have a sample out of every cookie they offer. I ended up buying a bag of chocolate covered wafer cookies and a box of Mint Chocolate sandwich cookies. The wafer cookies were amazing so I bought a 5 lb bag of them! They will be perfect to take to the camper :)








You can find them at 420 E. Oshkosh St. Ripon, WI 54971. They are open Tuesday thru Friday 8-4:30 and Saturday 8-1.


Next we headed to Princeton. Once we got parked we started to walk around the downtown area. The first building we walked in to was part of the River City Antique Mall. We couldn't believe when we found a completely intact printers cabinet. My mom acquired a drawer awhile back and had a coffee table top made out of it. We had never seen a whole cabinet though. It was quite impressive and they only wanted $250 for it!!! No, we didn't end up buying it but we sure would have loved to!




There was booth upon booth set up in the Princeton City Park and it took hours to walk around. Here are some photos of some of the things we saw.







After walking for a few hours and purchasing a small bunch of kohlrabi, a bottle cap opener, a book, some squash, and an assortment of gourds we headed to the next destination.

















There were two buildings next to each other that looked interesting to us so we stopped. The first one was Huser Daddy....yes...that's right. The prices were ok and they had quite a bit of stuff but we didn't purchase anything.


                        The next place we visited was Needfull Things. What a beautiful place!

 It was filled with reused and re purposed items. The woman who owns the shop has done amazing things with the pieces they have picked. Here are two of my favorite pieces and a look at her store. If you stop in make sure to say "Hi!" from Appleton.



















You can find Needfull Things at State Hwy. 23/73 Princeton, WI 54968. Their phone number is 920-295-6000.




We finally started to head back home but my mom had just a few more places she wanted to stop. The first one being Bungalow Quilting and Yarn.


Judy, the owner, was the sweetest woman. She has done some amazing craft projects. Every where we turned we saw ideas and fabric of course!


 Below are photos of her store and some of the crafts she has done. We laughed and talked about mother/daughter relationships and my mom and I even sang :) I can't wait until we can go back and visit.



She had a great idea with this dresser. She took an old dresser and had it painted to match her fabric. She then adhered it to the front of the drawers. I love how you really can apply fabric to anything!


I fell in love with her bathroom. The creative ideas were on every wall and even hanging from the ceiling! On this wall she adhered patterns to the wall and then added a cute fabric border at the top. I think it really gave the bathroom a vintage feel.






Here is a view of the whole bathroom. How cute of an idea to store yarn in the tub!!!! Another thing I loved in this bathroom was the bubbles she created out of clear Christmas ornaments! This craft project is definitely on my to do list!


Here is the last craft we found while walking around her store. She took empty bolts and covered them with fabric! She didn't have any extra bolts on hand but said she will keep some aside for me for the next time we come back. I can't wait to try some different ideas I have in mind. I'll make sure to post about them down the road.


Please visit Judy at 646 W. Fond du Lac Street Ripon, WI 54971 and "like" her on Facebook at Bungalow Quilting and Yarn for hours and more information. Tell her Sherry and Liz from Appleton say hi!

Our last stop was a place you would NEVER think was a fabric store. My mom has heard from many women in her quilt groups that YDS is an experience. They couldn't have been more right.

 
 
So you know how I mentioned above that Judy used the empty bolts she had to make the wall art? Well I couldn't have been more surprised when I walked up to the door of YDS and there were two boxes full of empty bolts!!!!! We got there at 3:30 and their new hours stated they closed at 3 but I tried the door and yelled in and the owners daughter was there! I asked if she was still open and she said come on in. I then asked what she did with the empty bolts and she said I could have them :) Wait until you see the ideas I have!!!!


You can find YDS on Hwy 116 between Omro & Winneconne. They are open Monday thru Saturday 10-3.

WOW! After typing all this I now realize why I'm so tired! We met some amazing people today and had such a wonderful time. We can't wait to do it all again next year!!!

If you would like information on the Princeton Flea Market please visit www.princetonwi.com.

                                  I hope everyone had a great Saturday!!!!! I know I did :)


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment