Monday, August 13, 2012

Up North

This weekend was packed full of fun. We spent Friday and Saturday up at the camper. Friday night I wanted to take some pictures of the sunset but ended up with a variation of shots.






First off, let me tell you that behind the campground is a pasture. Miss Aayla didn't really like the cows. She was quite leary of them but they sure wanted to be close to us.








The thistles were in bloom as well. Who would think that something with thorns could produce such a beautiful flower. I had a hard time getting this shot because the wind was blowing so much so I stuck my hand in my sleeve to protect my fingers and held on to the base of the stem to stop it from moving. Just so you know...the thorns will go right though it.




                  
                      
                                          I love the sun flare I got in this picture of the fence.

It also happened to be the perfect night for a sunset. I love how this shot turned out with the sun behind the tree.






 On Saturday we took a walk around the campground with the dog. This is the lake that we take Miss Aayla swimming in and I just loved how calm the water looked.

 The best part of this camping weekend was the annual corn roast. I couldn't believe how many people participated in the potluck. They steamed all the corn on large grills. The food was amazing and everyone seemed to have a great time.


After the corn roast we packed up and headed up even further north to visit my dad. My step brother was getting his Eagle Scout award on Sunday so we wanted to get up there with time to visit. We heard that there was meteor shower that night so all us kids went out on to the deck and watched the night sky. Mike and I saw 4 shooting stars :)



The next day we were up early helping set up for the Eagle ceremony. Congrats Isaac on achieving something very few ever will. We are so proud of you! It was a great weekend with friends and family.



No comments:

Post a Comment